Celebrating 74 Years of Business
In 1946, Concord Lumber Corporation (CLC) was established in Concord, MA by Ben, Donald and Farnham Smith as a local business to help the community with their building needs. We started out with six employees serving contractors, builders and homeowners.
In 1963, George Senkler (Farnham’s stepson) assumed management of the business and began a program of controlled expansion.
By 1987, CLC had 49 employees assisting customers with eight delivery trucks on the road. Through our focus of providing our customers with superb service and expertise, CLC continued to thrive. As a result of remarkable growth over the years and in an effort to diversify our offerings, we opened the Littleton Lumber location in 1988, established Littleton Millwork in 1993 and opened The Kitchen Works in Acton in 1997.
In 1996, CLC started the process of becoming an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and in 2001, the company became 100% employee-owned.
The company continued to expand after acquiring Forester Lumber and Moulding in 2007 – which later merged with Littleton Millwork to become Forester Moulding and Millwork. During the recession the company aimed to diversify its services and offerings by opening additional departments, such as the Installed Sales department for windows and doors. In 2017, Concord Lumber Corporation experienced its single largest rate of rapid expansion by acquiring ColorWorks Paint & Decorating Centers.
In 2019, Concord Lumber Corporation acquired Harmon's Paint & Wallpaper in Lowell, MA, growing our total ColorWorks locations to nine.
Today, we have 5 divisions, 10 storefronts, 14 delivery trucks and 147 employee-owners. As a local, independent company, we are proud to turn 72 years old, and have our loyal customers to thank for their many years of patronage. The employee-owners of Concord Lumber Corporation look forward to future growth and expanding upon our current offerings.